What Is Sea Floor Spreading
The article about What Is Sea Floor Spreading was uploaded at October 27, 2017 at 5:28 am. This blog post is published at the Floor category. What Is Sea Floor Spreading is tagged with What Is Sea Floor Spreading, What, Is, Sea, Floor, Spreading..
Whatwhat (hwut, hwot, wut, wot; unstressed hwət, wət),USA pronunciation pron.
- (used interrogatively as a request for specific information): What is the matter?
- (used interrogatively to inquire about the character, occupation, etc., of a person): What does he do?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the origin, identity, etc., of something): What are those birds?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the worth, usefulness, force, or importance of something): What is wealth without friends?
- (used interrogatively to request a repetition of words or information not fully understood, usually used in elliptical constructions): You need what?
- (used interrogatively to inquire the reason or purpose of something, usually used in elliptical constructions): What of it?
- how much?: What does it cost?
- (used relatively to indicate that which): I will send what was promised.
anything that: Say what you please. Come what may.
- the kind of thing or person that: He said what everyone expected he would. They are just what I was expecting.
- as much as;
as many as: We should each give what we can.
- the thing or fact that (used in parenthetic clauses): He went to the meeting and, what was worse, insisted on speaking.
- (used to indicate more to follow, additional possibilities, alternatives, etc.): You know what? Shall we go or what?
- (used as an intensifier in exclamatory phrases, often fol. by an indefinite article): What luck! What an idea!
- don't you agree?: An unusual chap, what?
who: She's the one what told me.
- Say what? (used esp. among teenagers) What's that you say? Would you repeat that?
- So what? (an expression of disinterest, disinclination, or contempt.)
- what have you, other things of the same kind;
so forth: money, jewels, stocks, and what have you.
- what for:
- why: What are you doing that for?
- a punishment or scolding.
- what if, what would be the outcome if;
suppose that: What if everyone who was invited comes?
- what it takes, something that enables one to achieve success or attain a desired end, as good looks, ability, or money: There's a young woman who has what it takes to get along in the world.
- what's what, the true situation;
all the facts: It's high time you told him what's what.
- the true nature or identity of something, or the sum of its characteristics: a lecture on the whats and hows of crop rotation.
- (used interrogatively before nouns): What news? What clothes shall I pack?
- whatever: Take what supplies you need.
- to what extent or degree? how much?: What does it matter?
- (used to introduce a prepositional phrase beginning with with): What with storms and all, their return was delayed.
- [Obs.]for what reason or purpose? why?
- (used in exclamatory expressions, often fol. by a question): What, no salt?
- [Older Use.]as much as;
as far as: He helps me what he can.
- but what, but that;
who or that … not: Who knows but what the sun may still shine.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Seasea (sē),USA pronunciation n.
- the salt waters that cover the greater part of the earth's surface.
- a division of these waters, of considerable extent, more or less definitely marked off by land boundaries: the North Sea.
- one of the seven seas;
- a large lake or landlocked body of water.
- the degree or amount of turbulence of the ocean or other body of water, as caused by the wind.
- the waves.
- a large wave: The heavy seas almost drowned us.
- a widely extended, copious, or overwhelming quantity: a sea of faces; a sea of troubles.
- the work, travel, and shipboard life of a sailor: The sea is a hard life but a rewarding one.
- at sea:
- on the ocean.
uncertain: completely at sea as to how to answer the question.Also, asea.
- follow the sea, to pursue a nautical career: Many boys then dreamed of following the sea.
- go to sea:
- to set out on a voyage.
- to embark on a nautical career.
- half seas over, [Slang.]partly or completely drunk: They came home at dawn, looking half seas over.Also, half-seas over.
- put to sea, to embark on a sea voyage: The expedition is nearly ready to put to sea.Also, put out to sea.
- of, pertaining to, or adapted for use at sea.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Spreadingspread (spred),USA pronunciation v., spread, spread•ing, n., adj.
- to draw, stretch, or open out, esp. over a flat surface, as something rolled or folded (often fol. by out).
- to stretch out or unfurl in the air, as folded wings, a flag, etc. (often fol. by out).
- to distribute over a greater or a relatively great area of space or time (often fol. by out): to spread out the papers on the table.
- to display or exhibit the full extent of;
set out in full: He spread the pots on the ground and started hawking his wares.
- to dispose or distribute in a sheet or layer: to spread hay to dry.
- to apply in a thin layer or coating: to spread butter on a slice of bread.
- to overlay or cover with something: She spread the blanket over her knees.
- to set or prepare (a table), as for a meal.
- to extend or distribute over a region, place, period of time, among a group, etc.
- to send out, scatter, or shed in various directions, as sound, light, etc.
- to scatter abroad;
diffuse or disseminate, as knowledge, news, disease, etc.: to spread the word of the gospel.
- to move or force apart: He spread his arms over his head in surrender.
- to flatten out: to spread the end of a rivet by hammering.
- to extend the aperture between (the lips) laterally, so as to reduce it vertically, during an utterance.
- to delabialize. Cf. round (def. 57c), unround.
- to become stretched out or extended, as a flag in the wind;
expand, as in growth.
- to extend over a greater or a considerable area or period: The factory spread along the river front.
- to be or lie outspread or fully extended or displayed, as a landscape or scene.
- to admit of being spread or applied in a thin layer, as a soft substance: Margarine spreads easily.
- to become extended or distributed over a region, as population, animals, plants, etc.
- to become shed abroad, diffused, or disseminated, as light, influences, rumors, ideas, infection, etc.
- to be forced apart, as the rails of a railroad track;
- spread oneself thin, to carry on so many projects simultaneously that none is done adequately, or that one's health suffers: Many college students spread themselves thin by taking on too many activities during the semester.
- an act or instance of spreading: With a spread of her arms the actress acknowledged the applause.
- expansion, extension, or diffusion: the spread of consumerism.
- the extent of spreading: to measure the spread of branches.
- the difference between the prices bid and asked of stock or a commodity for a given time.
- a type of straddle in which the call price is placed above and the put price is placed below the current market quotation.
- the difference between any two prices or rates for related costs: the widening spread between lending and borrowing costs.
- [Stock Exchange.]a broker's profit or the difference between his or her buying and selling price.
- any difference between return on assets and costs of liabilities.
- capacity for spreading: the spread of an elastic material.
- a distance or range, as between two points or dates: The long-distance movers planned a five-day spread between pickup and delivery.
- a stretch, expanse, or extent of something: a spread of timber.
- a cloth covering for a bed, table, or the like, esp. a bedspread.
- an abundance of food set out on a table;
- any food preparation for spreading on bread, crackers, etc., as jam or peanut butter.
- Also called layout. (in newspapers and magazines) an extensive, varied treatment of a subject, consisting primarily either of a number of cuts (picture spread) or of a major story and several supplementary stories, usually extending across three or more columns. Cf. double truck.
- an advertisement, photograph, article, or the like, covering several columns, a full page, or two facing pages of a newspaper, magazine, book, etc.: a full-page spread; a two-page spread.
- two facing pages, as of a newspaper, magazine, or book.
- landed property, as a farm or ranch.
- lay1 (def. 64).
- See point spread.
- (of a gem) cut with the table too large and the crown too shallow for maximum brilliance;
- (of the opening between the lips) extended laterally. Cf. rounded (def. 2), unrounded.
What Is Sea Floor Spreading have 7 images including Watch My Amazing Presentation Sea-floor Spreading On Emaze, 10. Example Of Sea Floor Spreading ., ContinentalDrift2, SlideShare, Sea Floor Spreading -- TeachPower.net Lesson, Earth & Space! - Home, 11. Evidence Of Sea-floor Spreading .. Following are the pictures:
But grey can be a basic shade that tends however easy to fit with additional colors more distinction. So that the chosen colour What Is Sea Floor Spreading would work for people who need to employ natural hues like less, although white. To get the blend right colour coloring, in selecting color combinations, you have to consider these tips and considerations. Choose a colour to paint the walls a bright shade combinations of dreary.
The vibrant shades are intended listed here is not so striking vivid color, since the color combination of What Is Sea Floor Spreading with shades that are striking can basically generate the perception desperate. Choose hues which can be soft or soft although vivid. Like, light turf green, blue, red, yet others. However you must select the suitable mix even though combination with other shades which are better or banned.